HEALTH & SAFETY
Please note that health and safety protocols are subject to change. All confirmed guests will receive an email one week before the event with final guidelines for this year’s tournament.
Overview from the Tournament
The world has changed since the last time the Shaw Charity Classic was able to host the stars of the PGA TOUR Champions in Calgary. This year's tournament will truly be like no other, as we welcome golfers, media, and fans back to Canyon Meadows and on to the world stage.
Tournament organizers are working closely with all levels of government to ensure the Shaw Charity Classic and all tournament-related events will be conducted following all health and safety guidelines provided by the government and the PGA TOUR.
Expectations of Guests
The health and safety of all associated with the event continues to be our number one priority. The following details the health and safety enhancements that you can expect during your Shaw Charity Classic experience. If you do not agree to these policies and terms, please do not enter the grounds.
- Prior to Arrival: Please check your temperature before arrival to confirm you do not have a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or more. For more information on symptoms and procedures for those experiencing them, please visit Alberta Health Services.
- Mask & Face Coverings: All guests are required to wear a mask while riding the Shaw VIP Shuttle to and from the event. Masks will be encouraged and respected, but not required for guests while on the tournament grounds and while in the Shaw Clubhouse and Skybox Suites.
- Social Distancing: In order to help maintain a safe environment, we encourage guests to be aware of their surroundings and practice social distancing (remaining 6 feet or 2 meters apart from other people.) While onsite, please pay attention to visual and verbal cues for capacity, directional flow, and viewing area guidelines. The Tournament has reduced the capacity onsite and provided a reconfigured, single-level Shaw Skybox Suite that has an open-air design.
- Signage & Guidelines: Guests will notice increased safety signage throughout the golf course, as well as visual and verbal reminders of safe behavior guidelines and Code of Conduct that must be adhered to while onsite. Failure to comply with any posted or verbal guidelines may result in consequential action, including expulsion from the tournament grounds.
- Sanitization: Enhanced safety and cleaning protocols have been put in place to ensure all areas are routinely sanitized. Sanitization and handwashing are encouraged throughout your time onsite. Guests are also welcome to bring their own sanitizer from home.
- Feeling Ill Onsite: If you begin to feel ill onsite, please return safely home or seek medical attention at the First Aid Tent.
- The Final Putt: Once the final putt drops, please exit the tournament venue safely and patiently while keeping socially distant from others.
A reminder of these expectations and more information will be emailed to you the week before the event.
Advanced Cleaning Measures
For your safety and comfort, Shaw has implemented advanced cleaning measures at every guest touchpoint.
- Valet: Drivers will be equipped with disinfectant wipes and will ensure a protective wrap is placed over each car's steering wheel. Each driver will wear a mask/face covering and gloves when inside a guest's car. If you are not comfortable with your car being valeted, we will also offer a self-park option.
- Shuttles: Drivers will be equipped with disinfectant wipes and will wear masks/face coverings at all times. Every other seat in the shuttle will be blocked off to ensure social distancing between passengers.
- Shaw Clubhouse: Seating will be arranged to properly allow for social distancing. Tables will be thoroughly cleaned after each seating using a disinfectant approved by Health Canada.
- Shaw Skybox: Seating will be arranged to properly allow for social distancing. Acrylic shields will be installed between certain clusters of seating. Tables and other surfaces will be consistently cleaned throughout the day and seating will be cleaned at the beginning of each day using a disinfectant approved by Health Canada. All Shaw guests will be provided with their own personal Health Canada-approved hand sanitizer, with a 75% alcohol content.
- On course: Sanitization stations will be present on course. Pairings sheets will be virtual, accessed via QR codes on your phone.
Food & Beverage
All food and beverage services for spectators will be facilitated by the tournament caterer. Food in the Skybox will be set up in a buffet style and served by the catering team. Food in the clubhouse will be set up in a buffet style, served by Canyon Meadows staff members stationed behind acrylic shields. All food service employees will sanitize their hands before and after each interaction, wear a mask, and follow all local health guidelines.
We are here to ensure your safety and comfort. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding heightened Health & Safety measures at this year's tournament.